Easy Unschooling Morning + Why We Need Somewhat Of A Schedule...

Hey, again, homeschoolers!

It's a new week. It's also a new month. April is here and I can't believe that it is. Time is always flying by so quickly. Wasn't it just January? Damn. LOL

Anyway, I screwed up last night by not going to bed when I was supposed to. It was still my 'weekend' justification, meaning that when the weekends come, I go hard on my 'me time' and Sunday night often carries on into staying up super late when the kiddos have school the next day.

Now I know that I don't HAVE to stick to the traditional Mon-Friday schedule. But I just choose to. Works best for me. Puts my mind into a work mode that I need to stay in in order to make it through sometimes. Plus, kids always function better when they are on a schedule and they know what's supposed to happen rather than functioning off of 'Mama, what do we do now? Then what?" type of questions every day.

I know that when they are older, it'll be easier to wing the whole day as far as what they want to do day by day and what not. However, right now is not a good time for that at all. We have an almost 2 year old, a 3.5 year who is still mentally functioning on the almost 2 year old's level, and a ton of housework. If we don't have a routine, everything will be chaotic and that's not the plan at all.


So, this morning ended up being more of an unschooling morning. I handed the two oldest their tablet and they spent hours playing this one typing app that they fell in love with. It really helps with not only their typing skills, but also their spelling. I'm glad I thought of trying a typing app. They took turns playing that and drawing on the board. Occasionally, big words popped up that they didn't know the meaning of and they asked me what the meaning was. See? Easy learning
If I don't feel like telling them the meaning, then I just direct them to the dictionary. Haha!
The 5 year old drew all morning and played Barbies because that's what she felt like doing, and I really didn't mind this morning. Gave me some time to get things together after breakfast as well as scrounge up something for myself to eat, because it was one of those mornings where I really didn't know what to eat, despite the $400 dollar grocery haul yesterday. LOL



Unschooling can be productive and it helps you get a lot more done in life. I was able to do some laundry while they worked on the tablet and spelled new words. The two youngest kids had their  two hour naps. Didn't have to do any lessons or anything else today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better as far as me being up on time and fresh and ready to roll. :D

~Uncaged Learning~
Check out the natural hair blog!

YouTube: 
















Comments

Popular Posts