Outdoor Play & Recreation Issues. Uncaged Learning

Outdoor play is very important for homeschoolers. It's important for any kid, actually. I am glad that the weather here in Georgia appears to be tapering out so it'll stop being abnormally cold when it's already officially spring! We don't get to go our when it's cold, of course.
In the past, my kids never really asked to go outside like most kids, so I had to enforce it. I still don't know the reasons behind that, but as they got older, they started to ask for outside time more.


It's great for everyone to get out of the house and burn some energy. It's too bad that we don't live near a park or playground right now. Our neighborhood sucks badly. We're working to change some things and move, but we know life is life, and it shall take some time. So we just use what we have and remain grateful.

We also no longer have the big vehicle we had last year, so that has to change as well so we can get to playgrounds. There is absolutely no recreation nearby, nothing within walking distance at all. Our city really isn't built for kids, much less built for nature-conscious individuals
at all.


I usually let the kids stay outside for 2 hour durations, because it's usually in the late afternoon after all schooling and lunch is finished. Around 5, I bring them inside and start showers and dinner. I honestly don't like bringing them outside sometimes, because of the hassle and the cleanup. Every toy they bring out is full of dirt and they themselves are full of dirt and possibly bugs! Ugh. Oh, the work of parenting...

But when it's all said and done, the kids are exhausted and happy. I am usually tired as well, from playing around with them or just watching. I jump rope sometimes while they are playing so I can get my exercise, too. Going outside is never considered a loss. Make sure you guys get your sunshine! :D


~Curls of Innocence~
SUBSCRIBE to us on YOUTUBE!


Comments

Popular Posts