No Village, No Community. What Now? | Uncaged Learning

Heya, homeschoolers! 

I haven't posted here in about 4 months, but I am still around and homeschooling. Life is being, well, the absolute most right now. The summer went well for us, as you may have seen on YouTube if you have been keeping up. Here is what they learned during that time. I did the best I could for 5 kids!



Homeschooling as well as life are both completely overwhelming for me right about now. We don't have that village that I wished we had. We've always wanted to homeschool, but never in a million years expected to not have a lot of family around. I thought we were set prior to having kids. I thought that our families would eventually get along and that the kids would have a ton of supportive family to help us out. And when I say, help us out, I don't just mean financially. I mean, actually being there. Being around to visit the kids sometimes instead of once every 3 months. Taking them places when we're unable to. Teaching them things that we're unable to because we're tired. Letting us have some date time for once instead of every 5-6 months or special occasion. Homeschooling with no community is the freaking worst. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
I can't say whether or not the kids will suffer long term from this, BUT I do know that either way, they are better off home than being plagued by public school kids and their peer pressure and germs.
I just felt like ranting a bit, because it seems like no one understands. Every other homeschool family seems to have SOME kind of support, whereas my hubby and I don't. Sigh... I try not to complain, but it is what it is. 
Now we have to work harder than ever and somehow create our own thriving community/village with little resources.
But how the hell are we gonna do that?

~Uncaged Learning~
follow us on IG: @Curlsofinnocence








Comments

Popular Posts