Learning Sexuality From Peers...?

Heya, homeschoolers! Long time no chat. I know, I know. I've been busy with Instagram and teaching the kiddos, winding down the school year as well as upkeeping their hair. Sigh... it's a lot!

But anyway, today I wanted to discuss the topic of teaching your child things when they are ready.

Homeschooling is great because your child isn't subject to all of the things they learn from peers too early. I had this thought today when I was doing my 10 year old's hair and we were having our 'girl chat', as I always do during hair time. I thought about how innocent she is and how innocent I want her and her siblings to remain. I am proud that she isn't into too many worldly things right now.

Now, this is pretty obvious. We all know this. We homeschool so our children can learn at their own pace and not be worried about grades or standardized testing. But we also homeschool so that they won't learn about certain topics too soon, or learn about them the wrong way. You know what I mean? AKA elementary school kids learning about sex from friends, learning about gangs and smoking, and a million and one other influences that they would have if they were in public school, or even private.

I am happy that I can teach my daughter about sex the way I want her to know it, not sugarcoated or glossed over, or told from an 8 year old's point of view. I am happy that she isn't exposed to a bunch of LGBT topics, because she's young and doesn't need to concern herself with that unless she is faced with it. I don't want her to be influenced by children who have gay parents, and she's constantly hearing that having gay parents or being transgender is better than being straight or having straight parents, and she has to come home with that shit daily. I don't want to fight with them over that stuff! Its ridiculous! It's rough out there these days for young ones. I once knew a 5 year old boy who was teasing another 5 year old boy, saying that he was gay every day because he was showing his underwear was showing. WHAT!? Sigh...

Children being molested, so they prey on your child with their sexual issues and they bring all those spirits home. Not happening! I've been there... sexuality is a huge topic these days and they are attacking the young ones slowly, but surely and I don't agree with it.

So again, I am glad that I am homeschooling so I am able to explain these topics from my husband and I's point of view rather than them learning from peers. Teach them things when they are old enough and mature enough to process the info. When they go to school, they're automatically being bombarded with sexuality from other kids and sometimes even teachers. I don't trust anybody!

Did you know that they are sneaking these things into the curriculum during school days and they don't inform you, ask for permission, or send your child home with it? NO BUENO! I learned this on YouTube once. SMH...

I guess I just felt like ranting about that today! I hope you enjoyed this blog post and give it some thought. Let me know if you agree or disagree. Don't get me wrong; I am not totally shielding my children from sexuality because I know they will encounter it one day. I mean, my oldest knows that I'm bisexual because she is mature enough to process that. LOL! BUT they will learn from us and understand it before making any prejudgments or decisions. Thanks for reading!

                                                             

                                            ~Uncaged Learning~
FOLLOW US ON IG! @CURLSOFINNOCENCE










Comments

Popular Posts