I Don't Know What The Hell I'm Doing...

Hey, happy homeschoolers!

... so I just wanted to rant a bit about my homeschool ventures lately.



Lately, I have been falling off the bandwagon again, Is it because of the holidays? Quite frankly, no. I'm just burnt out as usual! 

I often feel like I don't know what the fuck I'm doing anymore.

This year has been good in some ways and bad in others. A lot of good things happened for us following covid, and a lot of bad. I did get to slow down even more, which can be debated about whether that's good or bad. But no one's opinion matters here. This year has been very slow with me schooling the kiddos. I had a big break, and it wasn't on purpose. A break from schooling them consistently.


"Algebra should be creeping up on her and Jam the way ants creep up on a picnic basket." 


Now if you follow my IG, then you already remember the months I wasn't doing anything with them and I talked about how successful I believe unschooling was going. It was sort of working. I felt a little sense of fulfillment, that they were learning things, just at a slower rate because we don't have all of the resources I wish we had. That's kind of where we had gone again recently. No book work, just talking/discussions, occasional videos, learning from daily experiences. Doing daily physical exercises inside and outside. Sometimes, that's easier to do with 5 kids than struggling to maintain 5 stacks of workbooks.

I say that I feel like I don't know what I'm doing anymore simply because well, that's just how homeschooling feels sometimes. Utilizing minimal resources doesn't always fulfill me. I always feel like I should be doing more with these kids. Kyanah is 5 and isn't reading yet, although I know that she wants to learn. Syriah should be doing research papers and essays by now, as well as learning more about history and science. She should be doing other things by now, like cooking on her own, sewing, and using a computer fluently. Jamian should have the space to actually experiment on a car because that's what he loves, learning about car and machine parts. Algebra should be creeping up on her and Jam the way ants creep up on a picnic basket. 

But we aren't there yet, and it's no one's fault. Financially, we are still playing heavy catch-up. My hubby has been struggling as well with the burden of supporting all of us and still keep his mind sane. We know how this world is on our black men. We have to support them and not blame them when they are doing all they know to do. 



Even though this is a rough 'barely learning at all' period for the kiddos, unschooling is always in play. Whether they learn one new thing every day or 5, they are still one fact smarter than they were the previous day. 

And these days, that's all I can fucking ask for. :)


                           ~Uncaged Learning Homeschool~

                     IG: uncagedlearninghomeschool

                               YouTube: Epic Realist TV

Comments

Popular Posts