Just Because They've Got Peers Means NADDA!

 Good morning, happy homeschoolers! Today, I want to bring an interesting topic that I know all of us homeschoolers have been faced with at some point in our journeys. If you haven't been faced with this yet, then don't worry. Oh, don't worry; you sure will. Because people are ruthless. lol

I really can't stand how people think that their kids are doing just fine in public school just because they're surrounded by a bunch of kids their own age. To me, this misconception is complete bullshit.  Just because you're surrounded by peers doesn't mean that they are your friends, that doesn't mean that they all like you, nor are you all on the same energy level. That does matter, no? I'm sure you don't want your kiddos around other kiddos who are telling them things that they don't need to know, corrupting their little souls and making them age faster than they are. It sure as hell happened to me... and I hated it. At a young age, as a young empath, I fucking hated it.

I barely had any friends at all during my time in public school because I was bullied relentlessly, and so was my husband. Some kids are just not built for that world... and with the way we're raising our 5, they aren't, either.

 The fact that everyone cries about socialization being the main thing their kid will be missing out on is ludicrous. Don't people know that they can still take their kid to any random events for socialization? Parks, libraries, museums, co-ops, etc? Drive around and have them see the world? Oh wait, I forgot. They don't WANT to spend that kind of time with their kid. 

They seem to think that being in school is the only surefire way  the kid will ever learn to socialize. Seriously? When it comes to homeschooling, you have the whole world at your fingertips, and at any time of the day when everyone else IS at school, so less crowds to deal with. What's more blissful than that?

I hope that more people start opening up and realizing that not everything is black and white, and pay attention to who their kids hang around. Some things you can't help, but I'm not willing to send my kids to the wolves just because somebody said, "Oh, WhAt AbOuT SoCiAlIzAtIoN? cAn ThEy EvEn TaLk To PeOpLe?" 

"What kind of shit is that? Of course they know how to talk to people! I'm sure they can probably talk to people better than your kid who is faced with hundreds of different people by force everyday can because they're constantly fucking overstimulated and can't think for themselves!" FACEPALM... LOL!

Being around peers all the time doesn't mean a damn thing. Think about it. We as adults are always around peers when we're out and about. But don't you still feel a sense of loneliness? Don't you feel their energies? Don't you shy away from those who don't resonate with you? Now, imagine your child doing that DAILY, year after year after year. That is way too much pressure on them in my opinion.


Keep these things in mind when you do encounter some random nut job who slanders you for doing what you were meant to do since you became a mother/father. People really do perish for the lack of knowledge...


                    ~Uncaged Learning Homeschool~

   
Instagram: @uncagedlearninghomeschool

Comments

Popular Posts