First Week! So Far, So Good...

 Hey, happy homeschoolers! It's day 3 of the new homeschool year. So far, so good! Now today wasn't a traditional day, since this is review week, anyway, so the kids watched fun and educational animal shows on Disney Plus/ National Geographic for a few hours! They enjoyed that!

Sometimes, on Wednesdays, I'll take that day and do a midweek pause for myself. Having five kids is no walk in the park. When I don't have much time to do any self care at all, I can't function properly and I'm grumpy as hell. Just being honest here! My hubby can attest to that! I cannot let myself slack on my workouts at all; I don't care who has to learn what. If you didn't know, I have a fitness IG as well (curly.fit.mama.of.5). I post there to motivate myself and others to get in shape. I'm working on going to bed on time again consistently so I will be able to get up before these blockheads do for once, but since I'm not much of a morning person, eh, that's been a yearly struggle.

But anyway, I took this morning off because I had some household things to do as well as my workout. I wanted to do a good, long workout, so while the kids were educating themselves, I was able to do my yoga, cardio, and some other things that I posted on IG. I felt totally rejuvenated afterwards, especially because I'd finally got some decent steps on my Fitbit again! It had been a while.

Those homeschooling days happen when you'll have to take a tiny break for your own sanity; don't feel guilty for doing so! Every mom needs a break, especially stay at home moms. There's nothing wrong with your kids occasionally educating themselves. It gives you a break and you actually get some peace and quiet. I needed that this morning.


                           ~Uncaged Learning Homeschool~

      Follow on IG: uncagedlearninghomeschool



Comments

Popular Posts